A quadruple month update is finally here! Venture forth into the longer than usual update post as I share with you the stuff I got and my opinions on them! As I don’t really want to flood the front page with a barrage of pictures, do click on the button below to view the post in its entirety.
In a brilliant attempt to circumvent me running out of steam doing a day-by-day recount of my trip, this time, I’ll be writing just one post featuring only the juicy bits – Akihabara, Comiket (doujins) and more!
I’ll organize this post by sections that go in chronological order. At the end of the recount, will be a section that is dedicated to all the acquisitions that I got during my trip.
Without further ado, here we go!
(Warning! Image intensive and somewhat NSFW. Also, the changing aspect ratio of the pictures is due to the fact that a number of them were taken with different cameras.)
Yup, ‘signature’ as in ‘autograph’, not ‘outstanding’.
I’m unequivocally late in posting these, but as the adage goes, “It’s better late than never!”. So, here are some of the signatures that I was fortunate enough to acquire at last year’s Anime Festival Asia 2012.
– Kamen Rider Kabuto DX Kabuto Zecter
– Kamen Rider Kabuto DX Hyper Zecter
– Kamen Rider OOO DX TaJa Spinner
– Azone’s 1/6 Scale Asahina Mikuru Doll (School Uniform Ver)
– Mylene Jeinus Toy Book
– Figma Shameimaru Aya
– Kamen Rider OOO Medal Set 2
– Cardcaptor Sakura Sakura Doll (Carded Version)
– Spirit Digivolving MagnaGarurumon
– Composite Ver. Ka Haruhi Robo
– D-Arts Omegamon
– Sci-Fi Revoltech Predator
Anime merchandise acquisition update once again as the beginning of February looms near.
– Spirit Evolving EmperorGreymon
– Yamato’s Valkyrie Display Stand
– Max Factory’s 1/8 Scale Asahina Mikuru MIKURU BEAMMMMMMMMMMMM Ver.
– Macross Plus Movie Edition Artbook
– Bamboo Blade Artbook
Let’s see… Regarding EmperorGreymon/KaiserGreymon currently, due to a sudden bout of serious nostalgia, I’m on a quest to complete my (Japanese) Digimon figure collection. Still have quite a number to go, and I’m financially DRAINED.
I finally bought that Mikuru figure by Max Factory that has been on my To Get list since 2008.
Got that stand to display my YF-19 alongside my YF-21:
Lastly, bought a couple of artbooks as well. For Anime that I love, I try to get the artbooks as well for the character designs/bios and episode guides. In particular, I think that the Macross Plus artbook is simply brilliant. For a huge fan of the OVAs and Movie like me, the artwork of all the mecha, characters and sets is simply phenomenal to look at.
Nearly a year after getting Yamato’s 1/60 YF-21, I finally have the YF-19 to compliment it. Here’s a number of pictures I took of the YF-19 and YF-21. Enjoy~
– D-Arts WarGreymon
– Fate Testarossa Talking Alarm Clock
– Hi-Metal VF-1S with Strike Parts
– Alter’s 1/8 Nodocchi
– Chara-Ani’s 1/8 Shimada Minami
– Figma Mari
– Durarara! Voice Mascot Trading Figures
– Icaros SD Figure
– Nanoha The MOVIE 1st Limited First Edition Blu-Ray Box + Clear File
– Nendoroid Plus Shamemaru Aya
– Yamato’s 1/60 YF-19 Package Renewal Ver
– Yamato’s 1/60 FAST Pack and Fold Booster Set
– GNU Dou YF-21
– GNU Dou YF-21 FAST Pack
It’s the holiday season and as you can see, I’ve been letting myself go… In more ways than one. What with discounts abound at every online store, I’ve received three orders from the three different hobby stores I frequent, Hobby Search, AmiAmi and Hobby Link Japan respectively. Finally got that YF-19 to accompany my YF-21 that I got 11 months ago.
Possibly more loot on the way~ It’s gonna be an awesome
but lonely Christmas this year. (^.^)
…I didn’t buy much, but I did score on this brilliant Lucky Star wall scroll. After the jump would be my brief convention report…
Well, it’s that time of the year again. Yup, AFAX or Anime Festival Asia X (my local Anime and Japanese pop culture convention) is right round the corner. It’s held on the 13th and 14th of November at the Suntec City Convention and Exhibition Halls, and as always, I’ll be attending.