I started building up my collection in November 2007 and since then, my collection has grown exponentially, comprising of figures and merchandise of characters and mecha from various Anime series.
Many figure collectors base their collections on a figure’s details, sculpt, paintjob and overall appeal. However, my passion for figure collecting stems from my love of Anime, and the intriguing stories and memorable characters that Anime offers.
A figure is meant to be a real physical representation of a 2D character and it is supposed to capture the character’s essence. When I acquire a figure of a character I like, I can appreciate the significance of the figure more. I also collect to show my support for a particular series that I like.
As a fan of Anime and Japanese Culture, I don’t limit myself to any one genera. Unlike some fans who only go for Mecha and deem Moe shows ‘loli pedo bullshit’ and vice versa, I enjoy everything from:
– the Artsy films like the works of Miyazaki (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind), Hosoda (Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo), Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue)
– to classic and newer Mecha shows (Getter Robo, Macross, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic!, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass)
– to Mahou Shoujo shows (Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Nanoha)
– to slice-of-life shows (Genshiken, K-On!, Lucky Star and Haruhi)
– to Action/Adventure Shows (Ga-Rei Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Black Cat, Read or Die, Kino’s Journey)
I’m currently producing a video series on YouTube where I review figures, merchandise and anything that as to do with Japanese pop culture. I was originally inspired by the legions of Transformers Figure Reviews on YouTube and decided to start reviewing Anime figures, as Anime Figure Reviews were scarce at that point in time.
One of the reasons I review figures is to share my love and passion for the hobby with other collectors and fans around the world. Another thing that I hope to accomplish through my reviews is to provide people with an objective view of the figure, taking a closer look at its details, articulation and accessories. By doing so, it will allow them to make a more informed purchase. Right now, the two main figure lines that I’m focusing on are the figma and Robot Damashii line.
I also have a passion for IT, Language, Film and Animation.
Massugu GO!!! and as the saying goes: ‘Do what you love, love what you do’. (^.^)