It’s 2015 and we can’t send our cars in for a hover conversion… Color me disappointed!
– Figma Akagi
– Figma Guyver 1
– MegaHouse’s Sekai Seifuku Sakusen 1/10 Yukishiro Honoka
– Kotobukiya’s 1/8 Shinon -Phantom Bullet-
– Bandai’s Soul of Chogoki GX-68 GaoGaiGar
– Kamen Rider Gaim Special Perfect Book
The star of this pile is undeniably SOC GaoGaiGar! Perfect in everyway, it’s nothing short of a phenomenal figure.
– Bandai’s PROPLICA Dominator
– Monster Strike Kouryaku Item Book 2
– Monster Strike Kouryaku Item Book 3
– Lucky Star 10th Anniversary dayo! Zenin Shugo! Fan Book
As some of you might have heard in my PROPLICA Dominator Operation Guide video, my Dominator was opened up by customs. The box was somewhat damaged, but thankfully the contents were in pristine condition.
– Figma Saber
– Pythagoras Goal (Number 1) from Pythagoras Switch
– Kotobukiya’s Rensouhou-chan Model Kit
– Yu-Gi-Oh! -Piece of Memory- Side: Yami Yugi Booster Box
– Yu-Gi-Oh! -Piece of Memory- Side: Muuto Yugi Booster Box
– Yu-Gi-Oh! Collectors Pack: Duelist of Legend Version Booster Box
– Tsunemori Akane Pinched Strap
For the uninitiated, Pythagoras Switch is what the Japanese call a Rube Goldberg machine. It’s also the title of an educational program on Japanese television that are book-ended by some spectacular Rube Goldberg machines. For instance,
…and the goal is one of the goals that they use in the show. It’s even battery operated and makes the signature “Pitagorasu Suicchi” jingle when the ball is inserted. Pretty fun novelty item.
Also, the Tsunemori Akane strap was so adorable, I had to have it. Even though they’ve done so many characters, this is the first from the series that I’ve gotten. Here’s how I display it:
Last but not least is the three boxes of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Like many other companies, they’ve been nostalgia baiting pretty blatantly and I’m delighted to say that I’m falling for it hook, line and sinker… I was a devout Yu-Gi-Oh! player since Primary School and started playing with my friends even before the English version was released. Now, I’m just a collector and I’m absolutely thrilled that they are turning more cards from the anime into reality as they do hold a special place in my heart.
– Saikyou Jump March 2015 (with Promo Black Magician Yu-Gi-Oh! Card)
– Puella Magi Madoka Magica Pia
– Cardcaptor Sakura Fortune Book
– Bakemonogatari Series Heroine Book Oshino Shinobu
– Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru Novel
– Mitsudomoe Comiket Fanbook
– Clow Card Set (Reprint)
A trip to the local Kinokuniya combined with a parcel or two from Mandarake rewarded me with more books that I’ll ever read. You’ll never know what you’ll find when you actually go down to a physical store. Bought the Washio Sumi book because I really loved her character and character design from Yuuki Yuuna and I am in very bad need of Kanji practice. Been wanting that Mitsudomoe book for awhile and managed to get my hands on it via Mandarake. It’s an artbook that’s also a perfect replica of Hitoha’s book from the show! Lastly, I’ve once again fallen for the nostalgia bait. Now I have 3 copies (4 counting the bootleg) – A first print, later print and reprint.
The last set for the month is the first of the Go! Princess Precure toys and a set of 3 CCS themed kompeitou candies. As I have written in several online forums, the show is looking really good and is setting itself apart from the Precure shows of the previous seasons, which I haven’t been enjoying that much. Love the perfume light gimmick that’s totally not a rip-off of the Genesis Driver. Wished the Kokoro Perfume was this flamboyant. Also, those candies are seriously amazing. So much flavor in such a small bite. Wished I had bought the Madoka ones now…
4 weeks to go on my honors thesis and 2 weeks to go to my first root canal! I think I’m going to die from all this anxiety… Here’s hoping I’ll be back to a more consistent review schedule soon!